The first few years of my career, I edited the wrong file all the time. I could spend hours making changes, wondering why nothing was happening, until I realized I’d been tinkering in the wrong place because I was misreading a file path or not paying close enough attention to control flow.

Fast forward to now, and I’m pretty quick to drop a raise "BLORP" in code I’m tinkering with if things aren’t working like I think they should. All hail puts debuggerering.

However, it turns out I found a new class of this operator error today. I was diligently re-running a test case, expecting new results when the test fixture file I thought was changed was the wrong file. Once I deleted the right file, I was back on my way.

Joyful and grumpy are we who can find new ways to screw up time ever day!